This keto cauliflower casserole is amazing. It is rich, delicious, and low carb, so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets (1.5 lb. florets)
- Olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt (not fine salt)
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar, divided
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, green parts
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Liberally spray with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper. Roast the cauliflower until tender-crisp, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix the sour cream, milk, Dijon, garlic, cayenne and 1/2 cup cheddar.
- When cauliflower is done, add it to the sour cream sauce and mix to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased 1.5-quart baking dish. Top with the remaining shredded cheddar. Return to the oven and bake just until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cauliflower casserole with the bacon bits and the scallions and serve.