These Savory Bacon Pineapple Bites are so easy and so divine. Pineapple and bacon go together like Fred & Ginger, Abbot & Costello or Brad & Angelina…or never mind about that last one….they are kaput. These little goodies are so easy to put together. Simply wrap the bacon around the pineapple chunk and secure with a toothpick. Place in the oven and brush with the savory yet sweet Asian sauce the last ten minutes or so of cooking.
- 1 pineapple peeled cored and cut in chunks
- 1 lb bacon (not too thin nor too thick)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice.(buy a precut pineapple and use that juice)
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut raw bacon in half and wrap each half around a pineapple chunk. Secure with toothpick and place in shallow baking dish.
- Combine honey, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, ginger, ketchup, pineapple juice and sriracha in small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes; stirring several times.
- Place bacon wrapped pineapple in oven on lower rack. Cook until bacon is browned and crispy; approximately 35-40 minutes. Baste with sauce and cook for 10 minutes. Baste again and cook for 5 more minutes turning on the broiler the last 1-2 minutes of cooking. Stay close by because broilers are unpredictable.
- Please see additional notes below!
NOTES: At the advice of a reader who has reported good success she recommends precooking the bacon for a few minutes before wrapping in pineapple. She says that it helps the bacon stay together better while wrapping around the pineapple and in the baking process. I am going to try this the next time I make this recipe!