These Fluffy vegan biscuits are made with the perfect blend of gluten-free flours for the ultimate tender, buttery biscuit! Just 30 minutes and 1 bowl required!
- 1 cup potato starch (NOT potato flour)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (or try subbing arrowroot to keep grain-free)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp organic cane sugar (if avoiding sugar, sub stevia to taste or omit)
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 4 Tbsp vegan butter (we like Miyokos Vegan Butter and Earth Balance buttery sticks // plus more for topping)
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk (canned, not carton)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and set out a baking sheet. To a large mixing bowl, add potato starch (not flour), almond flour, cornstarch, sea salt, baking powder, cane sugar, and nutritional yeast (optional) and whisk to combine.
- Add vegan butter and use a pastry cutter, whisk, or fork to "cut" the oil into the flour until small bits remain (see photo). (We tried using coconut oil and while it did work, vegan butter yields a much fluffier, more tender, flavorful biscuit).
- Add the light coconut milk to the dry mixture and gently stir with a spoon to combine. You're looking for a semi-sticky dough and you may not use all of the coconut milk. If it looks too wet, compensate with 1-2 Tbsp at a time of almond flour or potato starch. Add more coconut milk if it is too crumbly.
- Get full recipe==>>minimalistbaker.com