Classic Minestrone soup with a tomato vegetable broth base and loaded to the max with fresh veggies, beans, and tender pasta. Simmer with some spices and you have a delicious & healthy bowl of soup for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons salt more or less to preference
- 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots sliced thin
- 1 cup celery sliced thin
- 2 zucchini chopped (peeled if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (28 oz) petite diced tomatoes do not drain
- 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 cans (15.75 oz each) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 cup spinach leaves about 1-2 handfuls
- 1 1/2 cups shell pasta
- Melt butter and olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let cook for 8-10 minutes until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the diced tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce, vegetable broth, basil, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir together and let come to a low boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat to medium and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add spinach and dried pasta shells. Let cook until pasta is done.
- Taste and add more salt or other spices if wanted.