One pan chicken and Potatoes with Garlic Parmesan Cream Sauce makes for a nourishing dish perfect for a weeknight. Chicken thighs and potatoes are pan-seared, then finished in a delicious creamy sauce that perfectly combines all the flavors of garlic, tomato, spinach, spices and cheese. It’s truly an entire meal in a single skillet!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, basil – combined)
- 2 cups baby red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (240ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (240ml) half and half (half cream mixed with half milk, for a lighter cream)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes; set aside.
- To make the garlic parmesan cream sauce, melt butter in the skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth, thyme and basil. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chicken in a single layer into the prepared baking dish. Top with potatoes, spinach and cream sauce.
- Place into oven and roast until completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
- *Potatoes can be cut into thirds or fourths to ensure quicker cooking time.
- *Half and half is equal parts of whole milk and cream. For 1 cup half and half, you can substitute 3/4 cup whole milk + 1/4 cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/3 cup heavy cream.