This Vegan Jalapeño Chickpea Mac and Cheese Pasta is gluten free, full of flavor, and ready in under 45 minutes. A healthy hearty plant based meal to feed a family or multiple dinners for two!
- 16 oz (2 boxes) chickapea shells (see notes for link to product)
- 8-10 c water
- pinch of sea Salt
- 2 sliced jalapeños. Keep seeds if you want extra spicy.
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil (divided)
- Pinch of cumin
- 1- 2 tsp tsp garlic minced (divided)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp each salt salt/pepper (divided)
- For the cheese sauce:
- 3/4 c coconut or almond milk plus 1/4 cup broth or water (add more if you need to thin out sauce)
- 3/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp gluten free flour or potato/tapioca starch
- Cilantro and crushed red pepper to garnish.
- Optional 2 tbsp taco sauce or Tabasco.
- Extra nutritional yeast if desired (see notes)
- For thicker vegan cheese sauce, you can also just use my Vegan Con Queso Cheese (see notes)
- Preheat oven 400F. Slice jalpenos 1/4 in to 1/2 inch thick. If you slice them too thick they will cook faster than the time I recommend.
- Mix, chickpeas, jalapenos, and paprika, cumin, salt/pepper, garlic salt in a bowl with oil. Spread on baking sheet and bake 400F for 15-20 minutes.
- While that is baking, cook your pasta.
- Get full recipe==>>cottercrunch.com