Chunks of chicken tossed in a thick french onion gravy loaded with sautéed Vidalia onions and melted Swiss cheese. This is great served over slices of french bread, egg noodles or rice.
- 2 pounds Vidalia onions peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 baguette sliced
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a large oven safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and stir to coat with oil. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Cook onions, stirring occasionally to avoid burning until onions are tender and slightly caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>motherthyme.com