Salt and Pepper Tofu is a popular Chinese dish that can be made easily at home. The tofu has an incredibly crispy exterior, giving way to a soft, silky interior.
- 18 oz firm tofu drained
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp table salt
- Canola oil for frying
- 2 red chili pepper seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Place tofu block onto a cutting board. Place a second cutting board over tofu. Place a heavy object on top of the cutting board, preferably a heavy can. Apply the weight on the tofu for about 15-20 minutes, to release water from tofu.
- Slice tofu into 1 inch cubes. Pat dry the tofu cubes with paper towel.
- Get full recipe==>>kirbiecravings.com