Get dinner on the table quick with my Crispy Garlic Parmesan Baked Chicken! It’s crunchy and packed with flavor and it’s perfect for satisfying your pickiest critics on busy weeknights.
- 4 chicken cutlets or two large breasts cut in half
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a third shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Pat chicken dry with a paper towel.
- Set up assembly line to coat chicken in this order: flour, eggs, panko. First dredge chicken in the flour mixture, then in the eggs and then coat with the panko/Parmesan mixture. Once coated, arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray tops of chicken with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crispy and golden brown and cooked through. If the tops aren't brown enough for your taste, flip on the broiler for a few minutes; careful not to let them burn.