A saucy pasta dinner can be hard to find in one dish, but this Creamy Tortellini with Spinach & Tomatoes certainly does deliver.
- 1 lb cheese tortellini
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin by boiling your tortellini noodles until they are al dente (aka ready). Follow the directions on the package for boiling time.
- While the tortellini is boiling, roughly chop the spinach.
- Heat a large skillet using medium heat and put the two minced garlic into it. Saute it briefly until fragrant, about thirty seconds or so.
- Add into the skillet the petite diced tomatoes (undrained), spinach, salt, pepper, dried basil, and onion flakes.
- Cook and stir over medium high heat until the mixture begins to bubble.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and half-and-half. Whisk until fairly smooth.
- Add the creamy mixture into the the skillet along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Heat through and reduce the heat to medium low and continue to stir and cook until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained tortellini and mix together gently.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This delicious, saucy Creamy Tortellini with Spinach & Tomatoes is a great way to get your family to willingly eat, and enjoy, several things they otherwise might not. Very few recipes entice my guys to do anything other than run away from tomatoes, yet they come runnin’ to the supper table for this one.
- For such a loved meal, this one is equally easy. Cook your tortellini according to the package directions, Drain, and set aside for a bit. Then everything comes together in a single pot. Easy to fix, and even easier clean up.