The Best Cream Cheese Rangoon made with a creamy center and crispy exterior, these are the perfect appetizer for your next Chinese takeout meal.
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons scallions , minced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 wonton wrappers
- In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, scallions and garlic powder together.
- Preheat oil in a heavy bottomed pot, a couple inches high to 350 degrees.
- Put 1 tablespoon in a middle of a wonton wrapper and with your finger add water to the edges.
- Push the four centers of each side into the middle and press them together.
- Once the middle is connected from all four sides connect the little wings coming out from the middle
- Let sit while you make all the wontons and when you start to fry, begin with the wontons you made first, they'll be the driest.
- You aren't cooking anything to a specific temperature for food safety reasons, so just cook until golden brown
- Click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.