Creamy and delicious this Cheddar Biscuit Topped Harvest Chicken Pot Pie is full of hearty veggies and herbs and topped with soft and fluffy cheddar drop biscuits.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 heaping cup butternut squash
- 2 cups white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 6 fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1/2 Tbs fresh thyme leaves
- 5 Tbs butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbs unsalted cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tbs sugar
- 1 1/4 buttermilk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In saute pan add about 2 Tbs olive oil and add your onions and heat on medium-high for a few minutes until they begin to get tender.
- Add your butternut squash and mushrooms and reduce heat to medium and heat for about 8-10 minutes or until squash becomes tender, stir in your garlic and heat for another minute.
- Stir in your sage and thyme until combined.
- Add your butter and heat until melted, stir in your flour.
- Slowly add your chicken stock and milk and sprinkle with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Continue to heat until thickened.
- Stir in your chicken and peas, set aside.
- To make biscuits, in large bowl stir together your flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar and whisk to combine.
- Using a pastry blender or forks add in your butter and mix until you get small bits.
- Stir in your buttermilk until just combined and fold in your cheese.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfulls onto top of your pot pie mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden.