You only need 30-Minutes for this Easy Skinny Skillet Lasagna made entirely in one pot makes it perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey or protein of your choice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz dry farfalle pasta (bow-tie) pasta (white, gluten-free or whole wheat)
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes (I recommend San Marzano or fire-roasted tomatoes)
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 2 cups water or low sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese for garnish optional
- sprinkle of parmesan cheese for garnish optional
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 2 medium zucchini peeled and chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds to a minute or until fragrant.
- Add in the ground meat and cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes, making sure to crumble and break down into small pieces as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add zucchini if using. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon of basil.
- Get full recipe==>>lifemadesweeter.com